At Samaritan Care Hospice of Florida, we recognize the significant impact the death of a loved one can have on your life. We offer compassionate support in a comfortable environment to meet your needs, enabling you to nurture yourself and adjust to what life will be like moving forward.
Bereavement can be defined as a state of sadness or loneliness. Grief is a collection of feelings and behaviors associated with the loss of a love one. Grief is a normal and natural response to the loss of someone important in your life.
Our Bereavement Program
Samaritan Care’s Bereavement program offers support and resources even if your loved one was not served by our hospice. If your loved one died while receiving our services, our bereavement program coordinator will initiate contact with you. We will continue to provide bereavement support for thirteen months following your loved one’s death.
Our Bereavement Program includes:
- Short-term individual or family counseling
- On-going phone contact
- Educational "Path to Healing" workshops
- Our Bereavement newsletter, A PATH TO HEALING
- Memorial/remembrance services
- Referral to resources in the community if needed
- Relevant grief & loss reading materials
- Specialized educational programs including topics related to grief and healing